Aquatics Manager - ASA Level 2 or Level 3 qualified
- The American Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore
- Closing Date:
- 15th March 2018
- Job Reference
The American Club in Singapore is looking for an aquatics manager.
A true ‘home away from home’ for expatriates in Singapore, The American Club has been fostering a sense of community among its 10,000 members and families for close to 70 years. With a diverse membership consisting of over 60 different nationalities and a comprehensive range of food and beverage, sports and fitness, business, wellness and recreational amenities located in the heart of the city, this is where our members come to experience a higher standard of personalised service in an exclusive sanctuary away from the bustle of city living.
We provide our team members with a rewarding professional work experience, advancement opportunities and attractive compensation packages. We are currently seeking suitably qualified applicants for the position of aquatics manager.
- Responsible for all levels of the aquatics program
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups
- Oversee seasonal progression of swimmers
- Set performance goals and reports for the aquatics department
- Facilitate age appropriate goal setting processes with all swimmers
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes (staff and swimmers), encourages self-discipline, self-reliance, sportsmanship and responsibility for individual actions
- Facilitate progress toward equivalent recognition of USA Swimming Club recognition and Club excellence goals.
- Recruit and retain staff within budget
- Plan and direct staff meetings at least once per month
- Provide annual staff development goals, and set the training program for educating, supervising, and mentoring all aquatics staff members
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with the Club’s membership via monthly newsletter, team and group meetings, email, and individual meetings or conferences as needed
- Administer and support aquatics department policies and procedures with the Club’s membership and staff
- Support and facilitate annual strategic planning process and review
- Market and promote the aquatics program
- Develop and implement incentive and recognition/achievement programs that are age-appropriate
- Coordinate daily, monthly and seasonal use of the Club’s pools
- Responsible as the management representative to the aquatics subcommittee
- Reports directly to the fitness and leisure director
- Minimum ASCTA Bronze qualification (or equivalent), lifeguard certification and a relevant tertiary qualification
- 4 to 6 years’ experience teaching/coaching in learn-to-swim programs, pre-comp and competitive squads
- More than 4 years of management experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in teaching masters programs will be an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in developing budgets, reviewing profits and losses and reporting on financial performance
- Previous experience in managing teams for high level service delivery and ongoing professional development
- Marketing and business development experience to promote participation in programs and events
- Understanding of aquatics plant operations and water quality requirements
- Mature disposition to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and members
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
This role would suit someone looking to build upon their technical and management skills in aquatics, and gain the experience of working overseas.
Click here to watch our You Tube video about working at American Club.
How to apply
If you are keen to join our dynamic team, kindly send your application to the senior director of People Development, via the apply button. Please include a detailed resume and state your current and expected salaries and contact number(s).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note: Personal data collected is for recruitment purposes only. All documents including CV, birth certificates, school certificates, and written references will be kept for a period of three months before it is destroyed, in accordance with our personal data retention guidelines.
- Contact email