Assistant Coach - ASA Level 2 (or Level 1 working towards Level 2)
- Skipton Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 4th February 2018
- Job Reference
- Assistant Coach
Skipton Swimming Club in North Yorkshire are looking for an assistant coach to join our dedicated team of coaches and volunteers that help the club and swimmers to achieve their best.
We are a friendly club which encourages and develops swimmers to a competitive level. We are affiliated to Swim England North East and the Yorkshire Swimming Association and are SwimMark accredited.
We welcome swimmers of all ages and abilities as long as they have reached Stage 5 of the National Plan for Teaching Swimming, usually from 8 to 18. The club holds and attends competitions that cover from the novice level at our own Stepping Stones gala, up to national competition and beyond! This means traveling a wide area from local galas at Shipley and Guiseley, to further afield at Sheffield and Sunderland.
The club was established in 1906 and has gone from strength to strength more so over the last few years, winning trophies at various events, as a team and individuals.
Responsible to: Skipton Swimming Club Head Coach
Hours: To be confirmed. The hours will including evenings, AM sessions and weekends due to the pool time availability on offer to our club. Our sessions are held at Craven Leisure Centre in Skipton and West Craven Leisure Centre in Barnoldswick.
Responsible For/Job Description:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced swimming coach to join our expanding club. The ideal candidate should be passionate about swimming and the development of children in the aquatic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside and support our head coach
- Attend, assist and coach at swim meets throughout the year as specified by the head coach or workforce co-ordinator
- Attend all galas hosted by Skipton Swimming Club
- Provide cover when required
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive environment in which to motivate and encourage the swimmers and parents participate in swimming
- Attend regular meetings
- Hold an ASA Level 2 Coaching Swimming qualification (or hold Level 1 and be working towards Level 2)
- Lifeguard qualification
- Experience and knowledge of coaching age group and youth swimmers
- Understanding of health and safety in a swimming pool environment
For an informal conversation or more information please contact Paul Curran via the details below.
How to apply
Please send your CV via the apply button.