Assistant Head Coach - ASA Level 2
- Reading Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Closing Date:
- 16th April 2017
- Job Reference
Reading Swimming Club in Berkshire has a vacancy for an assistant head coach.
We were established in 1885 and is one of the oldest swimming clubs in the country, and a founding member of the Berks and South Bucks County ASA. We are a large and progressive club, encompassing a learn to swim programme, competitive squads, a thriving masters section (all abilities from social swimmers to nationally-ranked competitors), and a strong water polo section.
- Commit to delivering a training programme directed by the head coach
- Plan and lead all sessions as directed by the head coach
- Feedback progress of athletes to the coaching team and parents at progress meetings
- Excellent communication to all stake holders
- Liaise with the coaching team regarding progression of development and pre competition swimmers
- Plan, attend and support swimmers at competitions
- Deliver land training to assigned groups
- Participate and lead some sections of the club's Mentor Programme
- Attend regular coaches meetings
- Comply with club policies
- Maintain qualifications and CPD
These are the main duties but not exhaustive.
Key Skills and Requirements for Role:
- UKCC Level 2 qualification
- Experience of delivering land training to age group and developmental swimmers
- Ability to develop swimming technique
- Capabilities to guide and mentor trainee coaches
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- A self-starter capable of creating new ideas and implementing them.
- Committed to equity and diversity.
- Prepared to travel to competitions throughout the UK
- Full driver's licence
The post holder will be required to work unsociable hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Reading Swimming Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.
How to apply
Please send your CV via the apply button.
Selection will be by interview and subsequent poolside observation/assessment.
- Contact email