Chief Coach - ASA Level 2 or Level 3
- Ramsbottom Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 8th January 2018
- Job Reference
Ramsbottom Swimming Club is an active and friendly club in the north west with over 200 swimmers, ranging from our learn to swim programme through to performance squad. We currently have swimmers competing at county and regional level and we compete in local Lancashire swim leagues with a desire to enter the North West Arena League. The club benefits from 16+ hours pool time.
The club is seeking to appoint a chief coach to take a leading role in the development of swimming who will:
- Coach a group of talented age group swimmers aiming to qualify for county and regional championships (circa 8 hours per week coaching time)
- Lead a team of paid and voluntary coaches
- Contribute to the development of club wide training schedules.
The candidate should:
- Have a minimum Level 2 coaching qualification and experience of working with age group swimmers.
- Have proven ability in organising and developing swimming programmes with a good track record of producing skillful swimmers.
- Have good communication skills and be comfortable communicating with swimmers, coaches and parents.
- Have a good understanding of long term athlete development and actively demonstrate the willingness to learn and further develop yourself.
- Be able motivate and lead volunteers and work closely with the club committee.
Sessions include evening and weekend coaching.
For an informal conversation about the role contact the club chairman, Bob Heys, on the telephone number below.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with covering letter to the secretary, Peter Green, via the email address below.