Club Development Officer
- Swim England
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Closing Date:
- 22nd January 2018
- Job Reference
Swim England is seeking a club development officer to join our team on a permanent basis. The role is 35 hours per week and will be field based, with regional travel within the South West Region and to Loughborough.
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming, the largest participation sport in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
The successful candidate will work towards increasing the talent pool and membership levels by ensuring effective and self-sustaining clubs across the region. They will ensure clubs are effective in communicating, working with and developing pathways with other aquatic providers in their area and partner organisations and also ensuring that clubs have the appropriate status, governance and structure to enable them to be effective.
- Have the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbally)
- Hold previous experience in sport development or a leisure background including an understanding of leisure services and sports development
- Hold experience of managing projects
So if you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working visa to undertake employment.
Closing date: Midday 22 January 2018. Applications after this time will not be considered.
Interview date: 29 January 2018. Interviews will be held in the South West Region.
How to apply
Want to join our team? To apply, please:
• Click here to complete our suitability statement.
• Send your CV and cover letter to the email address below, outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role (Don’t forget to make yours stand out!)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Contact email