Development Coach - ASA Level 2 (or Level 1 working towards Level 2)
- Chesham Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 30th September 2018
- Job Reference
Chesham Swimming Club in south Buckinghamshire are looking for a development coach to help us develop the swimmers in our friendly, competitive swimming club.
The role is for approximately 10 hours per week plus weekend galas.
Forming part of the Coaching team, reporting to the Head Coach, the Development Coach oversees the programme to improve the stroke mechanics and swimming skills of the developing swimmers in the club. In doing that it is also important to prepare these swimmers for competition. Within that scope is session planning, supervising any assistant coaches / helpers and competition management, together with the associated club administration.
The general principle of coaching stroke mechanics is set by the Head Coach, to ensure all coaches follow the same basic methodology, but the Development Coach will be encouraged to introduce new practices and methods that they believe will enhance the stroke mechanics and skills of the swimmers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always exercising a duty of care.
- The teaching, coaching and training of Club members
- Management of swimming and training schedules for training sessions
- To select the most appropriate open meets, galas and other competitions to meet the needs of the developmental swimmers.
- Attendance at agreed galas and meets where these swimmers are competing.
- Organising team selection for selected galas
- To develop a system of promotional criteria for moving from squad to squad.
- Assisting in communicating changes in squads/water time to all relevant parties.
- Supporting the development of voluntary club coaches
- Being consulted on matters affecting the teaching and coaching.
- Other coaching duties necessary to ensure the successful operation of the club as directed by the Head Coach.
- To be prepared, where necessary, to cover sessions when other coaches are absent.
- To attend and contribute to coach’s meetings.
- To attend any CPD or courses required by the club.
The above are the Development Coach’s primary responsibilities. However, the overall responsibilities shall not be limited to these specific items and may change from time to time at the direction of the Head Coach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Education / Experience:
- A good understanding of swimming and swim mechanics.
- Previous coaching experience.
- ASA Coaching level 2 qualification or be working toward
- An understanding of the Swim England long term athlete development plan.
Standards of Performance:
- Proven ability to coach and influence all ages of swimmer to competition levels
- Ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Strong team spirit
- Efficiency and effectiveness in tackling duties
- Dynamic, proactive and structured approach to work
- Willingness to travel to UK galas
How to apply
Please submit a CV via the Apply button.
- Contact email