Elite Performance Coach - ASA Level 3
- GEMS Cambridge International School Nairobi
- Job Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Nairoibi, Kenya
- $40,000 - $60,000 (depending on experience)
- Closing Date:
- 10th June 2018
- Job Reference
GEMS Cambridge International School Nairobi are seeking to appoint an elite performance coach. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best age group swimmers Kenya has. GEMS Nairobi is located just 45 minutes from central Nairobi, in the leafy suburb of Karen. The school is directly opposite the Nairobi National Park – a mere stone’s throw away.
GEMS Nairobi is currently top of the NASA League and ranks among the top 5 schools/clubs in the country. We are aiming to take an already successful team to new heights with our swimmers and dedicated parent-member base.
Candidates should have lots of energy and passion for the sport and the ability to inspire and extend a highly committed and motivated group of swimmers. Excellent organisational and disciplinary skills are also extremely important, as is a deep knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport. Candidates will also be called upon to support the club in other areas, such as directing meets, leading other aquatic based sports, and taking on the function of aquatics director.
GEMS Nairobi is also looking for candidates that will support the long term development of the swimmer as a person first and recognises them as an athlete that has limitless potential when equipped with the right tools and support throughout the development processes.
- Design, organise and implement a training and performance culture that leads to long-term performance success.
- Lead diverse groups of swimmers towards their path of excellence
- Fully participate in the dry side of meet logistics and planning, including a working knowledge of ‘Hytek – Team Manager and Meet Manager’
- Have the ability to build a schedule that adjusts to shifting and demanding expectations.
- Ability or willingness to teach – synchro, snorkelling, water polo and lifesaving
- Maintain a positive, encouraging and enabling environment.
- Assist with other areas of school life as needed.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 15th June with interviews scheduled to take place in the week commencing Monday 18th June.
GEMS - Global Education Management Systems
How to apply
Applications, including a CV and cover letter should be sent to the principal, Scott Webber, via the apply button prior to the closing date.