Head Coach - ASA Level 2 minimum
- Southampton Dolphins Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Competitive salary, relocation assistance and company pension available
- Closing Date:
- 2nd February 2018
- Job Reference
Southampton Dolphins Swimming Club, based in Hampshire, is seeking a head coach to join our successful coaching team and be responsible for developing the success of our club.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified, highly motivated and committed individual who will:
- head up our swimming squads aiming towards county, regional and national qualifying
- work with our swim school team to identify new talent.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious coach looking to further their career in the sport and help take the club on to further success.
We are committed to professional development and will support the successful candidate in obtaining further coaching qualifications.
Southampton Dolphins is based at the Shirley Swimming Pool, an independent purpose-built swim school with its own 25m, 4 lane pool and learner pool. This unique facility provides ample training times and potential to develop the club from the base of 1500 children in the lesson program. Despite national success with a number of junior age group swimmers, there is an opportunity to increase participation across a range of activities. One of these is a junior triathlon section to the Club.
Our exciting, evolving and dynamic club offers a varied programme that seeks to encourage the maximum participation and opportunities for all to reach their potential within our Performance squads, Academy and Development squads and our dedicated Swim School.
You will have the opportunity to work very closely with the managing director in the leadership of the entire club, and take a lead role in the development, programming and coaching of our existing swimming squads as well as manage the link with our Academy. The strength of these squads is important in the future success of the club and the delivery of a high quality coaching programme is a key part of that. You will be responsible for implementing training and competition schedules for all squads within the Club framework, which will enable their development and progression through to regional and national level.
We expect the poolside coaching commitment of this role to be around 20 hours per week with additional attendance at open meets and preparation and administration. Further teaching/coaching hours may be available by negotiation with the managing director.
- You should have a minimum Level 2 coaching qualification and experience of working with swimmers in this age range.
- The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a strong ability to coach age group swimmers and have a sound knowledge of the essential skills and behaviours that swimmers should develop within the club programme in order to reach their full potential. You will be keen to support those skills by the provision of quality learning and competitive opportunities.
- You should have good communication skills and be comfortable communicating with swimmers, coaches and parents.
- You will need to have a good understanding of long term athlete development and actively demonstrate the willingness to learn and further develop yourself. You will be prepared to learn and embrace new coaching techniques and technologies to deliver a good learning experience for all your swimmers.
- You should be able motivate and lead volunteers and work closely with the club committee. You should have an understanding of the requirements of running a well balanced swimming club.
How to apply
Please send your up to date CV and covering letter via the email address below.