Head Coach - ASA Level 2
- Yeovil District Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 11th April 2018
- Job Reference
Yeovil District Swimming Club, based in Somerset, seeks a part time head coach to lead our swimming programme.
The Club has been established in the South Somerset area for over 100 years, operating from pools in Yeovil and the surrounding area including Sherborne. We are a successful competitive club with a track record of developing swimmers to county, regional and national levels. The Club is SwimMark accredited and has a membership of approximately 100 swimmers and growing.
We have a vacancy for an experienced swimming coach to join our team as head coach and lead our swimming programme from promising development level through to performance level, predominantly working with our Performance Squad.
This is a part time role of approximately 14 hours of coaching time per week plus session planning and administration etc. The salary will be competitive and will depend on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will need to complete a DBS check.
- An ASA Level 2 coaching qualification
- A proven track record in developing and coaching high level performance swimmers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to create progressive, motivating session plans and oversee and guide our team of volunteer coaches
- Understanding of long term athletic development.
- Availability at or prior to the end of May
- A recognised lifeguarding qualification
- Good administration and IT skills.
How to apply
Please send your application via the apply button. This should include your CV, two reference contacts and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the post.