Head Coach - ASA Level 3 (or Level 2 working towards Level 3)
- Dinnaton Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- £18,000- £22,500 dependent on experience.
- Closing Date:
- 28th September 2018
- Job Reference
Dinnaton Swimming Club (DSC) is a family friendly club with a popular learn to swim section for younger swimmers, a three-level squad (including regional and national swimmers), and a masters squad for adult swimmers.
DSC is looking for an enthusiastic, committed and inspirational Head Coach to lead the coaching team. The coaching focus will be with the performance swimmers (at the highest squad level) with an emphasis on regional and national level swimming.
The club is based at McCauley’s Leisure Centre in Ivybridge but also has dedicated sessions at the Life Centre in Plymouth (which boasts an impressive 50 metre pool). The club need someone with exceptional passion and drive to ensure that all their swimmers achieve their maximum potential.
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator with significant coaching experience and a UKCC Level 3 qualification in coaching.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum ASA Level 3 coaching qualification (or equivalent). Consideration will be given towards candidates working towards Level 3 dependant on experience.
- Proven track record of coaching at all levels, up to and including national level
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Elevated levels of technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- IT literate
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to develop good relationships with a range of people
An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
You will coach for 21 hours each week, which also includes work with our junior and development squads. The contract will be for a 30 hour week, which will include attendance at galas, when they arise.
For further information, please email the address below.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter, explaining your suitability for the post, to the email address below, by the closing date.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview and should expect to take an observed coaching session.