Head Coach - ASA Level 3 (or Level 2 working towards Level 3)
- Royal Tunbridge Wells Monson Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience
- Closing Date:
- 27th August 2017
- Job Reference
Royal Tunbridge Wells Monson Swimming Club in Kent are seeking to appoint a head coach to work collaboratively with an experienced coaching staff and to lead the delivery of high quality coaching for a club of 250+ members.
The successful candidate will inspire leadership and confidence and act as a role model to all swimmers to fulfil their potential, up to and including swimmers achieving national qualifying times level. You will be directly responsible for the youth elite and age group development squads. At the same time, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to further develop the club as a whole and work with swimmers, coaches and parents to create a positive environment and club ethos.
RTW Monson is a highly successful competitive club and member of the Surrey, Sussex and Kent (SSK) Accredited Network, with a track record of developing elite level swimmers while offering a wide range of swimming options for all abilities, from the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme to national and international level.
Recent success includes multiple British Championships qualifiers and 2017 World Championship qualifier.
We can offer a competitive salary, depending on your level of qualifications and experience, and a role which provides opportunities to help shape our future elite swimmers within the club. This is an exciting position and the successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual who has the drive to identify and nurture swimming talent and be seeking to support and further develop the aspirations of our swimmers.
The role is based in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Key deliverables and responsibilities:
Encouraging swimmers to achieve their maximum potential at county, regional, national and international competitions, achieving this from high quality coaching together with motivation and support of swimmers during galas and competitions, excellent attendance of swimmers at training sessions, strong support from the whole coaching team, and engaging with supportive parents.
Building a cohesive and collaborative coaching team that provides leadership at all levels of swimming, from learn to swim to the elite squads, resulting from strong teamwork, ongoing training and skills development of all coaches, and excellent internal communications.
RTW Monson continues to grow in terms of membership and options to swim for young people, resulting from an inspiring and comprehensive swim strategy with ambitious and achievable goals catering for all levels of swimming. A commercial emphasis, an active and supportive swimming committee, and strong collaborative and mutually supportive working relations with the Executive Committee are critical to success.
Excellent reputation and strong support for RTW Monson by external stakeholders in the West Kent/East Sussex region, resulting from regular and accurate communications through the website and local media, exploration of fundraising opportunities, and strong collaborative and mutually supportive teamwork with parents and committee members engaged in communications and fundraising.
The successful criteria for the post are:
- ASA Level 3 coaching qualification, or Level 2 actively working towards attaining Level 3.
- Proven knowledge and experience of leading and coaching a targeted swimming performance programme to national level. This should cover the development, organisation, implementation and co-ordination of swim squads.
- Demonstrable evidence of delivery against the ASA coaches' code of conduct and code of ethics, such as building strong relationships with swimmers, parents and committees; programmes developed in line with SwimMark standards; and promoting an environment of active coaching, motivation and encouragement for all swimmers.
- A strong leader who has the capability to work with all coaches to ensure that common goals are understood and implemented, responsible for mentoring of coaches and poolside staff with an emphasis on encouraging continuous professional development.
- Strong motivational and team working skills with the ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, coaches and external audiences.
This post requires you to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends for a minimum of 20 hours per week, working in collaboration with the other coaches to review and set the swimming schedule.
You will also be required to undertake some administrative tasks to set up and support the swimming programme and events including the mentoring and development of coaches.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, an enthusiastic coaching team, a supportive executive committee and a great bunch of keen swimmers.
For further information about this role, contact should be made to the club secretary Mrs Ann Hunt on the telephone number below.
Those shortlisted will be invited to attend interviews and will be expected to deliver a short training session to the elite squads’ swimmers.
How to apply
Please send your application via the Apply button. Please provide a CV and a suitability statement (no more than the equivalent of two sides of A4) setting out clearly how you meet the criteria and requirements of this post.