Head Coach - Level 3 (or Level 2 working towards Level 3)
- Staines Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Englefield Green
- Closing Date:
- 30th January 2017
- Job Reference
- Head Coach SSC
Staines Swimming Club (SSC) based in Staines upon Thames, are looking for a new head coach. Are you an inspirational, and highly motivated coach looking for a new challenge with one of the South East's highly competitive clubs? Are you able to build on success and lead a team focused on taking our club to a higher level? If so, we would like to hear from you.
SSC is a very competitive club in Middlesex ASA and the ASA South East Region, with a strong representation at regional and national level as well as entering two teams in the National Arena Swimming League (Southern), one in the Premier Division. SSC holds Swim 21 Club Essential accreditation and Swim 21 network accreditation. It has approximately 750 members including county, regional, national and masters swimmers and learn to swim. We are also a recognised British swimming disability hub club.
The successful candidate will lead and develop a team of teachers and coaches, who will be responsible for nurturing swimmers to achieve their full potential in accordance with LTAD. The club currently has numerous sessions (pool and/or land training) every day (mornings and evenings).
The majority of these take place at Bishopsgate School, Englefield Green with pools at Spelthorne, Sunbury and other School pools used, in addition to our own learn to swim pool within the grounds of the Matthew Arnold Secondary school.
The successful applicant will plan, teach and coach across all squads at all venues.
- Hold a UKCC Level 3 Coaching qualification (or higher) or UKCC Level 2 Coaching working towards Level 3
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of LTAD
- Be skills-focused with the ability to apply and share technical knowledge
- Have excellent time management, organisation, communication and administration skills
- Be able to work with and encourage swimmers at all levels ensuring that all athletes are given the opportunity to maximise their potential
- Be able to motivate, lead and work well with a team
- Demonstrate sensitivity and respect for the needs of all involved with the club
- Plan, deliver and evaluate training programmes for all squads
- Commitment to attend CPD opportunities as appropriate and facilitate the development of the whole coaching and teaching team
- Commitment to promote multi classification swimming and provide a pathway for disability swimmers into competitive swimming
- To have an up to date knowledge of all the technical rules of swimming and share this with all team coaches
- Follow all policies and codes as required by the club
- Follow the ASA Child Protection policy and ensure it is promoted
- Attend meetings and/or submit reports as required by the management committee
- Liaise with the Learn to Swim teachers and coaching team to ensure progression and continuity
- Ensure all swimmers are involved in their own development and progress
- Develop a positive working partnership with swimmers and their parents
- Plan competition calendar and be responsible for team selection
- Attend specified galas and give positive feedback, encouragement and support to all
A DBS check and references will form part of the suitability for the role. A full driving licence is also essential.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and UKCC coaching qualification level attained plus entitlement to additional expenses for attending swimming meets.
Candidates will be invited for interview and coaching assessment in the new year.
How to apply
Please submit your up to date CV and covering letter via the ‘apply’ button.