Head Performance Coach - Level 3
- The Royal School
- Job Type
- Working Hours
- Full time
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing Date
- 10th March 2014
- Job Reference
The Royal School is seeking a Head Performance Coach to lead a successful elite swimming squad and to manage a thriving swim programme.
a. Develop and support the Royal Swimming Squad programme. b. Coach and support developing swimmers along the talent pathway to podium success. c. Contribute to the ongoing development of the squad as an active member of the team.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
The Head Performance Coach reports to the Headmaster.
- Work with the school and management team to develop strategies and delivery programmes to ensure Royal Swimming Club meets its stated vision of being the most successful swimming club in the West Midlands.
- To recruit and retain the highest calibre of swimmers from local areas, national and international.
- To continue to develop outstanding coaching within the club.
- Planning and delivery of swimming sessions for RWS Elite Squad swimmers including basic land sessions.
- Plan and deliver a swimming programme on an annual basis in conjunction with RWS age group and assistant coaches, and ensure it promotes progressive skill and competitive development and enjoyment.
- Plan and support delivery of review meetings with individual swimmers, parents and relevant coaches for goal setting to meet the individual needs of swimmers goals.
- Attend relevant national and regional competitions/training sessions relevant to the sport and squad to support the swimmers and represent the squad.
- Attend any induction and/or de-brief meetings and training sessions for continuous professional development as required.
- Review the development needs and communicate information and resources to encourage young people to adopt healthy active lifestyles in the long term.
- Co-ordination and implementation of RWSSC Swim21.
- Organisation and implementation of all RWSSC ‘offshore’ competitions & training camps.
- Design, organisation and implementation of all RWSSC Development Camps.
Management and planning of all support services for the RWSSC programme.
Liaise with the school, management committee and the Learn to Swim programme to regularly to review and develop the talent identification system for swimmers at RWS.
- Establish appropriate links for individual swimmers to enable progression to the next level.
People and Resource Management:
- Working with the school and management committee implement a coach development programme (including personal development plan and training needs analysis) and liaise with the coaches to identify and fulfil training needs.
- Ensure that all necessary administrative tasks (register, accident forms, personal profiles, race models etc) are completed as required.
- Ensure compliance with codes of conduct (coaches, volunteers, swimmers, parents) at all times and challenge others who fail to comply in line with the policies set for the squad.
- Ensure high standards of customer care and coaching are demonstrated at all times and a quality service is provided.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist in recording the tracking of young people through the RWS swimming pathway.
- Collate monitoring of numbers of participants, and exit routes for the at least twice a year.
- Liaise with the school and management committee including the RWS age group coach and assistant coaches at least twice a year to monitor and evaluate the programme.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of activities and produce short reports as appropriate for the RWSSC management committee, usually on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in producing an annual programme with clearly defined performance indicators and goals.
- Attendance at the regional coaches forum, usually on a quarterly basis.
How to apply
Email to request an application form (address below).
- Contact email