Performance Coach - ASA Level 2 or Level 3
- Alton and District Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- £16.50 per hour
- Closing Date:
- 18th June 2017
- Job Reference
- Alton & District Performance Coach
Alton & District Swimming Club in Hampshire is looking for a new performance coach. The successful candidate must have experience of working with age group and youth swimmers at county, regional and national levels and the knowledge and motivation to help implement the clubs three-year plan. You will have the ability to inspire and develop swimmers, and an impressive technical knowledge of competitive swimming. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious coach looking to further their career in the sport and help take the club on to further successes.
The club was formed in the 1960s and has grown into a thriving, competitive club, drawing swimmers from across East Hampshire. Our swimmers train at 25m pools in Alton, Petersfield and Bordon and at 50m garrison pool in Aldershot. We compete in team galas and open meets across the region and have numerous successes at county, regional and national level. In recent years we have been represented at the British Summer Championships and ASA National Summer and Winter Championships. Our club vision is to, "Encourage every swimmer to become the best they can be at our friendly and welcoming club. Our enthusiastic and approachable coaches know every one of their swimmers, agree with them their goals and help them achieve their aspirations."
To achieve this vision we adhere to a series of values:
~ Inclusive - a fully inclusive club, offering opportunities to all.
~ Friendly and open - a friendly and welcoming environment. Excellent communication between club, coaches, parents and swimmers.
~ Nurturing - enable all swimmers to achieve their potential. Nurture and bring on talent, and offer accelerated development to those with the highest potential.
~ Goal-driven - swimmers understand what is required of them to progress within the club. Goal-driven at all levels of ability.
~ Fair and transparent - a clear and agreed code of conduct. Operate transparently. Committee and coaching decisions are well communicated and understood by all.
~ Positive and respectful-encourage positive mental attitudes and mutual respect.
- Team player, responsible for the development and performance of a section within our top squad, ensuring all swimmers have termly goals agreed with their coach.
- Plan and produce a termly scheme of work, providing a copy to the head coach.
- Provide written termly updates to the head coach on delivery against the scheme of work.
- Produce and evaluate session plans for the squad you coach.
- To assist the head coach in the development and implementation of the club's three year plan.
- Communicate effectively with all swimmers and parents of your squad.
- Keep an up to date register showing attendance of all your swimmers on the club's system.
- Be approachable and available to all swimmers and parents.
- Enforce the code of conduct for swimmers.
- Enforce and adhere to all club and pool health and safety policies.
- Attend Open meets and team events as requested by the head coach.
- Represent the club in a professional manner at all times.
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Coach qualification or above.
- Team player.
- Required to hold a DBS (disclosure and barring) certificate.
- Child safeguarding certificate from ASA approved trainer.
- Good communicator - with swimmers, parents and committee; friendly and approachable.
- Ability to motivate, encourage and develop swimmers in line with LTAD.
- Able to coach and oversee all stages of LTAD.
- Able to teach diving.
How to apply
Please send your CV to us via the apply button.