Performance Swimming Coach - ASA Level 2
- Harrow International School Bangkok
- Job Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- 10210, Thailand
- Competitive. Based upon years of full time teaching
- Closing Date:
- 10th June 2017
- Job Reference
- Performance Swim Coach_Harrow Bangkok
Harrow International School Bangkok is looking for a qualified and experienced candidate to work as a performance swim coach within the Swim Academy. The successful applicant will coach on the development/performance level of our Swim Academy and aid swimmers development in the Elite Squad pathway.
Operating in close association with Harrow School in London, the Harrow family of schools share the same mission, ethos and high standards. Set on a spacious, garden site in one of Asia’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow Bangkok is Harrow’s original school in Asia and is thriving, with a roll of 1600, with innovative educational programmes, and a strong commitment to service and outstanding academic results.
The Harrow Bangkok Swim Academy has over 140 members catering for ‘learn to swim’ level through to ‘elite’ level swimmers. The Academy competes at local and international meets throughout South East Asia and is part of the BISAC and SEASAC sports conferences. The successful applicant will coach on the development/performance level of our Swim Academy and aid swimmers development in the Elite Squad pathway.
- Head of Aquatic Sports
- Coaching the development and performance of swimmers
- Full time (with some morning, evening and weekend work required)
- Deliver a training programme to performance/elite standard swimmers
- Plan and lead all sessions to a pre-arranged coaching structure as directed by the head of aquatic sports
- Liaise with the coaching team regarding progression of performance pathway swimmers and direct coaches working with this programme.
- Assist the head of aquatic sports with the meet entries and selections
- Assist the head of aquatic sports with all academy trials and have input into squad selections
- Lead and guide swimmers at meets, provide feedback and lead warm up and cool downs
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment at the pool and surrounding areas for all students and staff
- Teach junior school curriculum swimming lessons
- Feedback progress of athletes to the coaching team and parents at progress meetings
- Plan, attend and support swimmers at competitions both locally and internationally (includes weekends)
- Attend regular coach meetings
- Follow all school policies
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Level 2 swimming coaching qualification
- Experience of competitive swimming to national standard or working in a competitive swim programme is required
- A knowledge of the Hy-Tek swim sports software would be an advantage
- A strong work ethic with excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively to all stake holders
Harrow Bangkok recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children. Candidates will be expected to comply with our School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
For further information, please download the attached information pack. For enquiries, please contact Harrow Bangkok via the email address below.
Early submission of applications is encouraged.
How to apply
Please click here to be redirected to Harrow Bangkok's website. Here you can fill in an application online and submit it along with your CV and introductory letter.