Senior Management Accountant
- Job Type
- Working Hours
- Full time
- Circa £30,647 (dependent on experience)
- Closing Date
- 11th March 2014
- Job Reference
We are seeking a Senior Management Accountant to join the Amateur Swimming Association.
The role is responsible for providing accurate, relevant and timely financial information to directors and budget holders and to be the functional liaison for financial reporting and control providing financial support to a number of accounts.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with senior accounts and service delivery management as well as finance and commercial streams.
They will have good technical skills and be able to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
They will be comfortable working with staff inside and outside the finance community and be able to demonstrate sound commercial judgment.
This is an opportunity to use commercial and financial skills and be the key finance contact across some key accounts.
As a Senior Management Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Setting and agreeing timetables with the group finance manager, budget holders and stakeholders for periodic forecasts and management accounts in line with the overall corporate timetable.
- To respond to queries on published management accounts within set timescales allowed.
- To publish final approved management accounts in agreed formats utilising the intranet (or other efficient and effective methods of communication).
- To arrange review meetings to discuss the information ‘face to face’ with directors and budget managers when appropriate.
- To provide variance analysis to budget/plan and interpretation of accounts information
- To provide costing information as required on new products and product revisions.
- To produce an annual control budget for designated companies within the timescales agreed by the chief financial officer.
- Any other duties appropriate to the position as required by the group finance manager.
- To comply with all policies set down by the Association and in particular policies relating to equity and diversity.
As a Senior Management Accountant your skills and qualifications will include:
- Holding a recognised Accounting qualification CCAB or equivalent
- Enquiring and analytical mind
- Strong Excel skills
- 2 years' management accounting experience as a minimum
- Have sound knowledge of Great Plains accounting software
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate at all levels and across functions
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong financial analysis and attention to detail
- Experience of providing financial support in a sport environment desirable Demonstrable experience of providing financial business support desirable
The ASA is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 12.00 noon, 11 March 2014
How to apply
To obtain an application pack contact email the HR department at the email address below or download the attached pack.
- Contact email