Swimming Coach - ASA Level 2 (or Level 1 working towards Level 2)
- Bramcote Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 11th May 2018
- Job Reference
- Level 2 coach
Bramcote Swimming Club, based in Nottingham, is seeking a Level 2 qualified coach to work primarily with our senior squads.
Bramcote SC is a friendly but competitive focused club. We are an ambitious club who are currently undergoing a period of expansion at all levels, from our Academy programme to our performance squads. We are seeking an enthusiastic coach working primarily with our senior squads (13 years and over), inspiring, motivating and coaching them to the next level of performance, with an emphasis on coaching and developing current and future county and regional level swimmers.
The opportunity exists for a more experienced candidate to take on additional responsibility or a leadership role within the club.
Our vision is to equip our swimmers to achieve their full potential, and we believe the best way to achieve this is to support our coaches in their own development so that our swimmers gain the best possible coaching. Bramcote SC has an excellent record of investing in training and several of our coaches have progressed to coaching at elite level. The successful candidate will be supported in achieving additional qualifications and will benefit from working alongside a number of experienced teachers and coaches.
The successful candidate will:
- hold an ASA Level 2 coaching qualification (anyone holding a Level 1 coaching qualification wishing to progress on to do their Level 2 may also apply)
- have experience of working with swimmers of this age
- be able to work well within our dedicated coaching team
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- have a passion to improve the quality of swimming within the club
- have a good working knowledge of long term athlete development
- be proactive in attending continuing professional development courses
- be eligible to work in the UK
- undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure
- hold a current Safeguarding and Protecting Children qualification (if not, training in child protection and safeguarding must be undertaken)
We can offer the successful candidate:
- a role in a Swim England affiliated, SwimMark accredited club
- a passionate and committed team of coaches, teachers and volunteers
- opportunity to continue progressing your professional development
- a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to apply
Applications (a CV and covering latter) should be sent for the attention of our club secretary via the apply button, to reach us no later than the closing date.