Swimming Coaches - ASA Level 2 (or Level 1 coaching/Level 2 teaching working towards Level 2 coaching)
- Kingston Royals Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Greater London
- Closing Date:
- 3rd March 2017
Kingston Royals Swimming Club (KRSC) in South West London is looking to complement its coaching team with up to 2 positions at this time made available for the right candidates. We are now looking to appoint 2 coaches who have experience working with a variety of age groups from 8-18 and who are passionate about swimming.
KRSC is a growing club, both in terms of membership numbers and achievements. Our main focus is on thriving learn-to-swim and competitive swimming programs, while we also have masters, adult swimfit and teen fitness squads. We are now looking to appoint 2 coaches throughout the club who have experience working with a variety of age groups from 8-18 and who are passionate about swimming.
We are based at four pools in Kingston-upon-Thames and the surrounding area. These vacancies are a unique opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work with the Club to build on recent successful competitive and structural developments.
The successful candidates will:
- Be an ASA Level 2 qualified coach (Someone holding an ASA Level 1 coaching or Level 2 teaching qualification wishing to progress on to their Level 2 coaching may also apply)
- Have previous coaching experience
- Be passionate, enthusiastic and inspiring all levels of swimmers from junior club level through to late teens and masters
- Be passionate about swimming and up to date with news, changes/advancements in swimming teaching and coaching
- Be able to communicate effectively with swimmers, coaches, parents and the committee
- Have good administration skills and be computer literate
- Have a good working knowledge of LTAD
- Hold clean DBS check through the ASA.
- Ideally, hold a current Safeguarding Children certificate (if not we can assist in getting you on a course)
- Be proactive in attending CPD courses
- Work well with the broader coaching and teaching team supporting other colleagues where required
What we can offer you:
- A role in an ASA affiliated, Swim 21 accredited club
- A passionate and committed team of coaches, teachers and volunteers
- An extensive and oversubscribed learn to swim programme
- Opportunity to continue progressing your professional development through our clubs comprehensive coach development plan and under the guidance of our internationally experienced Head Coach.
How to apply
Please send your application with your CV to Damien Bryan, KRSC head coach, via the apply button below.
- Contact email