Swimming Coaches - ASA Level 2
- Warriors Sports
- Job Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- United Arab Emirates
- £23,000 - £28,000
- Closing Date:
- 5th September 2017
- Job Reference
Warriors Sports in Dubai has an exciting opportunity for male and female swimming coaches, for adult and child swimming, to join our team. An ASA Level 2 qualification is preferable, as well as the preferred skills of basic knowledge of water polo for males and synchronised swimming for females. The main purpose of this role is to provide 5-star services in the field of swimming coaching to our clients.
- Conduct in-water, hands on, instruction of swimmers from the most beginners to intermediate levels, preparing swimmers to compete at the club level.
- Teach or coach one-to-one, in small groups or larger groups.
- Plan and effectively organise class time for maximum practice. This is accomplished through weekly lesson plans including dry land training.
- Teach with encouragement, and positive reinforcement.
- Adapt teaching methods appropriate to the age, experience and ability of participants, so they can meet course objectives.
- Handle parent communication for matters related to training and swimmers’ physical/mental development.
- Uniform to be worn for all classes and to follow instructions, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for achieving monthly revenue target through private and group swimming lessons.
- Assist in promoting the brand through sign up days, promotional tours and advertising campaigns.
- Instruct and evaluate students participating in swim lessons.
- To use the pass books provided to achieve the program benchmark skills and recognise participation.
- Submit completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time.
- Reward students when appropriate with certificates and promote to higher levels.
- To ensure pool users adhere to the pool rules and regulations.
- Be responsible for the safety of the participant in his or her own class.
- To act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of clients in the event of emergency.
- To present professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Be aware of the fire and safety regulations and procedures of the place of work and know the close down and evacuation procedures and location of the Assembly Point.
- Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others.
- To assist management in organising a variety of activities for clients on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, as and when directed too.
- Help to manage swimming department budgets and targets.
Qualification and Requirements :
- In order to be considered for this role, you should have obtained and passed an international swimming qualification from a reputable organisation.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (preferable).
- Must be lifeguard, CPR and first aid trained and certified.
- It is essential that you have worked as a swimming coach preferably within a sports club or academy and have worked with children.
- You should have excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills.
- You will have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and social media.
- As a representative of the company in roadshows and events, image is important and the candidate must be groomed and polished at all times. Appearance will aid your intention of gaining new business leads and contacts.
- A minimum of one year related work experience.
- Great experience/résumé builder/ career path growth.
- Salary (based on qualifications and experience) plus incentive, yearly ticket and health insurance.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, kindly send your CV via the apply button.