Swimming Fundamentals Coach - Level 2
- Hamilton Aquatics
- Job Type
- Working Hours
- Full time
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- £23,000 - £25,000 inclusive of all benefits
- Closing Date
- 24th July 2014
- Job Reference
- HA SFC
Over the last 8 years Hamilton Aquatics has grown to be the largest and most successful swimming academy in the Middle East with over 4500 swimmers across Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha. As our business grows we are looking for swimming fundamental coach.
Candidates will demonstrate a good history of programme management and will have shown the ability to coach various abilities in an individual and team setting. Candidates are required to have a sound understanding of long term athlete development, training principals and race tactics.
- Plan, lead and deliver pool training sessions on a daily basis.
- Deliver suitable technique/skill based sessions in line with the vision and philosophy of the Head Coach and Hamilton Aquatics Swimming Academy.
- Coach school swim squads as per the Head Coach’s instruction.
- Assist squads to a professional standard, under lead coach instructions.
- Assist learn to swim admin and attend sign ups.
- Deliver learn to swim lessons after guidance from Site Manager.
- Structure and deliver land work for each cycle and session. Liaise with other coaches about land work and what you would like them to deliver.
- Liaise, report and communicate with the Head Coach and Head Development Coach on a weekly basis.
- Communicate with parents effectively and professionally.
- Complete all administration tasks required for the smooth running of the squads that are directed from the Head Coach or Head Development Coach.
- Ensure that all registers and monitoring sheets are kept up to date.
- Attend all competitions that are required both overseas and locally.
- Talent identify any swimmers for moving squads.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of each training session and be the last person to leave poolside.
- Attend one weekly coaches meeting.
- Holiday will be given in line with the training cycle and will only be given at the correct time of the year.
- Any other duties or hours given by the Head Coach, Operations Director or Managing Director to ensure the smooth running of Hamilton Aquatics.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An ASA Coaching Level 2 certification (or equivalent) and NPLQ certificate is required.
- Fluent English spoken and written level.
- Ability to hit targets and deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions and work on their own initiative.
- Full driving license is required.
Interviews will be conducted in Sheffield from 28/07/2014 to 31/07/14.
How to apply
If you are motivated by this position and wish to apply please send your CV and covering letter to the email address below or via the apply button.
- Contact email