Swimming Head Coach- ASA Level 3 (or Level 2 working towards Level 3)
- Crewe Flyers Amateur Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 27th February 2018
- Job Reference
Crewe Flyers Amateur Swimming Club has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and successful head coach to join the club, to deliver a programme of coaching/training to support the continued development of the club and the swimmers. We are a SwimMark accredited, friendly yet competitive club of approximately 130 swimmers and during 2017 we competed successfully at county, regional, national and British Championships level whilst also achieving promotion into the Premier division of the Arena league. We want to build on this success with a head coach who is inspiring and able to encourage every swimmer to achieve their full potential via strong natural leadership and good coaching skills. With an ambition to match ours, the support of the committee and dedicated group of volunteers we are excited to begin the next chapter at our club
We see our head coach as someone who:
is able to inspire our swimmers, to lead and deliver a full coaching programme across the different squads organising and deploying the other coaches (paid and unpaid) to work with the swimmers/squads as necessary across the weekly training sessions. We also see our head coach as someone who can lead swim training camps for our swimmers.
will attend league galas, county, regional and national competitions and organise appropriate attendance by the other members of the coaching team according to the swimmers abilities.
plans and sets out the annual gala/competition programme each year, leading the coaching team to identify suitable galas for our swimmers depending on their abilities, goals and aspirations and also give feedback after each gala to help the swimmers improve.
can identify swimmers for progression, ensuring regular squad reviews and clear pathways/criteria for movement between squads and giving feedback to swimmers/parents so that it is clear what is expected of them.
will continue to take responsibility for their own development, leading in the delivery of the latest training/coaching/swimming techniques as well as identifying opportunities for the other members of the coaching team.
is able to communicate clearly and effectively with swimmers, parents, coaches and provide reports/updates to the committee as needed including at the annual general meeting (AGM).
can develop the aerobic fitness and stamina of the swimmers including leading land training sessions, delivering nutritional and general fitness advice to support the development of our athletes.
- Must adhere to Wavepower, all club policies, all Swim England codes of conduct and the Swim England Child Protection policy
- Be a UKCC Level 3 qualified coach (or an experienced Level 2 coach working towards level 3) with experience of coaching county and regional swimmers as a minimum.
- Hold a current DBS certificate
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with swimmers, parents, committee members, volunteers
- High levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and inspire
- Good strategic planning skills to support the development of the swimmers, club, competition program
Hours and remuneration:
- Initially the role will be for 20 hours per week (excluding galas/competitions) and remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
- The successful candidate will be required to fulfil a 6 month probationary period before being confirmed in post.
The list of duties/criteria is not exhaustive and can be amended/added to as appropriate in accordance with the role.
How to apply
Please send a supporting letter and an up to date CV to the chairperson via the apply button.