Swimming Teacher - ASA Level 2
- St. Helen's Swim School
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- £21.27 per hour
- Closing Date:
- 21st July 2017
- Job Reference
St Helen's Swim School in Northwood are looking for a swimming teacher to teach swimming lessons (Swim England Learn to Swim Programme) at our thriving swim after school/weekend swim school.
To provide a high level of teaching to all pupils and guests following the Swim England-endorsed teaching plan/scheme. Teachers should aim to provide a progressive swimming programme and provide constant challenge to the individual or group, while enforcing pool rules by safeguarding all users of the swimming pool.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out appropriate teaching sessions to the specific ability of the group or individual in a responsible manner.
- Follow the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme at all times, unless instructed by the club manager.
- Assess all groups throughout the term/course according to the criteria in the ASA handbook.
- Insure all swimmers receive appropriate encouragement throughout each lesson. Give praise when deserved and award with an appropriate badge and certificate at the end of each course.
- Always plan sessions appropriately for each group or individual to prevent learner saturation and boredom by setting achievable goals and finishing every session with a contrast activity.
- Promote a customer-focused environment, generating excellent public relations and customer care.
- Implement the highest standards and represent the Centre/Swim School in an appropriate manner at all times with courtesy and regard for others.
- Have due regard for the security of equipment and activity areas and to ensure any maintenance issues are reported or logged and procedures followed.
- Assist, when requested by members of the school staff, in teaching activities or other duties, which do not conflict with or impair upon your ability to undertake your normal duties.
- Have an understanding of the Normal Operating Procedures, Emergency Action Plans, and the Health and Safety Policy in order to provide a safe environment for all.
- Ensure all relevant qualifications are kept up to date, and undertake any training required by the manager or the Swim England such as continuing professional development (CPD).
- Undertake other appropriate tasks as requested by the Sports Complex Manager.
- Return pool equipment used during teaching ensuring cleanliness, presentation and health and safety are at the highest standard possible.
For a detailed job description, please click here.
How to apply
Please download the attached application forms. Send your completed forms via the apply button below.