Swimming Teacher - Level 2
- Cheltenham College
- Job Type
- Working Hours
- Part time
- £17.49 per hour
- Closing Date
- 25th July 2014
- Job Reference
Passionate about swimming and willing to go the extra mile to inspire?
Cheltenham College are looking for a teacher to offer a range of classes from Parent and Baby through to advanced swimming and adult lessons.
- To assist in the communication and promotion of the centre's services.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of staff and users of the centre through the operation of all health and safety procedures and standards and be aware of your role in managing emergencies, accident reporting and report defects as necessary
- To undertake sessions according to the National Plan for Teaching Swimming
- To ensure classes commence and finish at the designated times
- To ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsible for equipment setup.
- To carry out all administrative tasks associated with the position, including lesson plans using the ASA Learn to Swim framework, schemes of work, class registrars and continuous assessment of pupils
- Ability to use initiative
- Responsible for maintaining all relevant qualifications and attending training sessions as part of normal working arrangements
- ASA Full teachers certificate Level 2
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
- NRASTAC or NPLQ qualified
Terms and Conditions:
- Use of college sports facilities at staff allocated times
- Pension scheme
- Staff benefits and discounts with local companies
- School lunch on days worked, dependent on shift rota
If you feel your experience matches this exciting role, please send through your application for consideration.
How to apply
A full job description and person specification together with the College application form can be found here.
To apply, please complete the College application form and supplementary information form and forward them electronically to the email address below or via the 'apply' button with a covering letter. Alternatively send by post to: HR Department, Cheltenham College, Bath Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7LD.
- Contact email