Swimming Teachers - ASA Level 2
- Nottingham City Council
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- See description
- Closing Date:
- 31st March 2018
- Job Reference
Nottingham City Council is looking to recruit qualified swimming teachers (Level 2) to join their large Nottingham Swim School programme that is delivered from seven city council pools across the city.
The hours on offer vary across the leisure centres. Nottingham Swim School mainly takes place Monday to Friday, 4pm-7.30pm and weekends 8am-1pm. There may be opportunity to also become involved in other swimming projects with additional hours available.
Nottingham City Council offers highly competitive rates of pay starting at £12.07 per hour and rising to £12.73 on the first year anniversary, subject to satisfactory completion of a probation period. We also offer many other benefits such as free access to additional swim CPD training and discounted gym membership.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing appropriate session plans, schemes of work and ensuring swimming lessons are fun, progressive, inclusive, motivating and meet the needs and level of the group being taught.
- The delivery of high quality swimming lessons to a wide range of ages and ability levels following the Swim England Learn to Swim framework and awards scheme.
- Carrying out assessments for participant’s ability at each lesson and marking them against the set swim criteria for that class type. This will involve using an IPod on pool side to complete the register and swim assessment criteria for each participant.
- Supervising assistant swimming teachers that are allocated to support their lessons.
- Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification (ASA/Swim England or equivalent).
- Hold a lifeguard qualification or National Rescue Test award (or be willing to gain this within 3 months).
- Experience of organising, leading and promoting sporting activities.
- Knowledge of the Swim England Learn to Swim frameworks and awards scheme.
Interviews will be held every 5-6 weeks. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the next available interview day.
How to apply
Please click here to be redirected to the East Midlands Shared Services website and apply online.
Applications should be made via the above link. An email address is provided for queries.
- Contact email