Learn to Swim
Learning to swim has a range of benefits including improved health and fitness and the chance to make lots of new friends.
Swimming is one of the most popular choices of activity for disabled adults and children. Some of the benefits swimming offers are:
- Improved mobility compared to when on land as water supports the whole body
- Ease from tight or painful joints and tendons thanks to water bouyancy
- Improved balance and agility
- Improved confidence and comfort in and around water
It’s never too late to learn
Swimming is great for people of all ages. Check out these inspiring stories of people who have learned to swim and how it changed their life.
- Use our Pool Finder to track down your local pool and ask about learn to swim sessions for people with disabilities. It will offer adult classes in a friendly and supportive environment.