Without committed volunteers, our national athletes standing on a podium raising gold would be just a dream. Volunteers help make it happen, and are crucial to the success of a swimming club.
Swimming clubs always need volunteers, and it’s a great way to get involved in the sport. There is plenty to do, and your skills and talents will be greatly appreciated.
You’ll be in good company too, there are estimated to be more than 30,000 swimming volunteers.
People do things like sell raffle tickets, help out at the club shop, become the treasurer, team manager or press officer of the club, it’s up to you!
In the video above a few people tell you why they think you should join them in volunteering.
How do I become a swimming volunteer?
There are a few ways to volunteer:
- Ask your local swimming club. Find your nearest club with our Pool Finder
- Contact your regional ASA office. Contact details are here.
- Contact your local Volunteer Centre.
- Register your interest on national volunteering website Do-It.
Still got questions?
- Yes! Then check out our volunteers FAQs here