DC Leisure is the second largest Leisure contractor employing 6500 people throughout the UK based in 110 sites. DC Leisure works with their Council Clients to optimise the performance of public leisure centres so that they can better serve their local community.
We are do not currently have any vacancies with DC Leisure, however you can find our current vacancies by clicking here.
To be eligible for the apprenticeship you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16+
- Living in the UK
- Not in Full-Time Education
- Do NOT hold a degree or HND Qualification
The Level 2 apprenticeship in Teaching Aquatics is the most popular apprenticeship we offer. The apprenticeship lasts between 9-12 months. While on the apprenticeship you will receive the following qualifications;
- Level 2 NVQ Coaching, Teaching and Instructing
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 ASA/UKCC Teaching Aquatics (To include Level 1 ASA/UKCC Teaching Aquatics if required)
- Level 2 National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Key Skills
o Level 1 application of Number (if required)
o Level 1 Application of Communication (if required)
There are many progression routes when you have finished this apprenticeship. You may have the opportunity to move onto permanent employment or a more specialised apprenticeship depending upon the site’s needs for example it could be anything from event management to personal trainer. You may also move onto an Advanced apprenticeship programme.
To view the full qualification framework please click here