Dippers and Divers Apprenticeship
Working in partnership with the Institute of Swimming (IoS) Dipper and Divers are offering the opportunity for someone to join their team as an Apprentice Swimming Teacher.
Dippers and Divers Swim School are dedicated to teaching children to swim, to love and respect the water and most importantly how to have fun safely in a pool environment.
To go straight to the section of the webpage you wish to see please choose from the below. To view the information poster for this appenticeship click here. To find out more about Dippers and Divers click here.
- How to apply
- Am I Eligble
- Which Qualifications will I gain
- General Employment/Apprenticeship information
- Where will I work
Applying for an apprenticeship is simple, all you need to do is fill out an applicaiton from found here. Please remember the closing date for all applications is the 30th of September.
To be eligible for the apprenticeship you must:
- Be aged 16+
- Not be in enrolled in any other Full Time education programmes
- Not hold a degree or HND qualification
- Be able to swim 25m
- Have an interest in teaching swimming and working with young people
The first 3 months of the programme you will undertake your pre-apprenticeship programme alongside your employment, training will include:
- Level 1 ASA/UKCC Teaching Aquatics
- Lifesaving Qualification (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification/National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC)/ NARS Pool Rescue Qualification)
Upon successful completion of the pre-apprenticeship and demonstration of excellent work ethic you will then progress onto the full Level 2 Apprenticeship Coaching Learn to Swim, and you will undertake the following qualifications and continue with your employment:
- Level 2 Diploma in Coaching Learn to Swim, this qualification allows candidates to demonstrate competence within the swimming teaching environment
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure & Learning, this qualification is a mandatory technical certificate. Apprentices will gain understanding of their employment rights and responsibilities, within the industry.
- Level 2 ASA/UKCC Teaching Aquatics, The UKCC is a nationally recognised standard for coach and teacher education. Candidates will learn to plan, implement, analyse and revise a series of consecutive sessions within a context of swimming teaching and follow the national plan for teaching swimming.
- Functional Skills/ Key Skills at Level 1 (If required)
Apprenticeship Duration: 12 months
Apprentice Salary: £105* per Week
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
*Upon completion of pre apprenticeship and achievement of qualifications, increase in salary will be awarded.
These are the pools where you will work:
- Kingfisher Barn, Rye Farm, Abingdon, OX14 3NN
- Barcelo, Oxford Hotel, Godstow Road, Wolvercote, Oxford OX2 8AL
- Radley College Sports Centre, Kennington Road, Radley, Abingdon OX14 2HR
- Harwell Primary School, The Styles, Harwell, Nr Didcot OX11 0LH
Please note that help with transport will be provided.