Fusion Lifestyles is a highly experienced organisation who work in partnership with local authorities, schools and colleges and other public sector organisations to provide recreational sport, health and fitness activities to local communities. Last year fusion gyms were visited over 7.5 million times and have over 100,000 regular members. Fusion Lifestyle is a registered charity, which means that all the incoming resources are used to improve and develop their facilities and activities so that every one in the community receives quality services at affordable prices.
To apply for an apprenticeship with Fusion Lifestyle you need to fill in the application form from here. You will then need to return this form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:Apprenticeships Institute of Swimming Sportpark 3 Oakwood Drive Loughborough Leicestershire LE11 3QF
To be eligible for the apprenticeship you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16+
- Living in the UK
- Not in Full-Time Education
- Do NOT hold a degree or HND Qualification
The Level 2 apprenticeship in Teaching Aquatics with Fusion Lifestyle is designed to allow you to work in a leisure centre environment effectively and with the ability to contribute vastly to the centres swimming and gym projects. The apprenticeship lasts between 9-12 months. While on the apprenticeship you will receive the following qualifications;
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 ASA/UKCC Teaching Aquatics (To include Level 1 ASA/UKCC Teaching Aquatics if required)
- Level 2 National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Level 1 Key Skills in Application of Number (If required)
- Level 1 Key Skills in Communication (If required)
There are many progression routes when you have finished this apprenticeship. You may have the opportunity to move onto permanent employment or a more specialised apprenticeship depending upon the site’s needs for example it could be anything from event management to personal trainer. You may also move onto an Advanced apprenticeship programme.