Level 2 Coach Apprenticeship
What is the Coach Apprenticeship?
This is a coaching pathway programme developed for young people who want to pursue a career as a professional full time coach. The apprenticeship will provide young people with the opportunity to undertake training and qualifi-cations, receive coach mentoring and obtain suitable employment as an apprentice coach.
Qualifications & Training
The apprenticeship takes 9-12 Months to complete, during this time apprentices will undertake the following qualifica-tions alongside their employment:
Level 2 NVQ Coaching, Teaching and Instructing
This qualification allows candidates to demonstrate competence within the coaching environment.
Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Ac-tive Leisure and Learning
This qualification is a mandatory technical certificate. Apprentices will gain an understanding of their em-ployment rights and responsibilities, within the active leisure and learning industry.
Level 2 UKCC Coaching Certificate
The UK Coaching Certificate is a nationally recognised standard for coach and teacher education spear-headed by Sports Coach UK and centred on the needs of athletes. Candidates will learn to plan, implement, analyse and revise a series of consecutive sessions within the context of a macro cycle prepared by a senior/licensed coach.
Choice of one other industry related qualifications to meet candidate/employer needs:
- Level 2 National Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in First Aid at Work / in Sport
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Or a choice of many other industry related qualifications which will allow us to tailor the apprenticeship to your specific business needs.
- Level 1 Application of Number
- Level 1 Application of Communication
Career & Progression Opportunities
There are a wide range of routes apprentices can take within the industry upon completion of their apprenticeship. They can secure full time em-ployment as a coach, fitness instructor, lifeguard and many other roles within the leisure industry. Apprentices also have the option to develop their skills further and progress onto advanced apprenticeships in active leisure and learning with the IoS.
Apprentice Profile and Entry requirements
Apprentices will be young people who have a passion for sport and coaching.
- To be eligible apprentices must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16-24
- Living in England Not in Full-Time Education
- Do NOT hold a degree or HND Qualification
- Hold a KCC Level 1 Coaching Qualification
Apprentices will earn the apprentice minimum wage of £95 per week.