ASA Diving Coach Certificate26/11/2016
The ASA Diving Coach course is practical. It develops your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent diving coach.
- Level: Intermediate
- Duration: 8-10 days
- Training Format: Face to Face, Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
The ASA Diving Coach course is for anyone wishing to become an independent diving coach.
This course gives coaches the skills needed to effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of diving training sessions. On successful completion of this qualification you will understand:
- Legal requirements of coaching diving
- Responsibilities of a Diving Coach
- Coaches role in promoting diving
- Nutrition and hydration for a diver
- Bio-mechanical principles in diving
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled diver
- Planning for coaching diving
- How to coach diving sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet diver needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational skills
- How to support Divers and Diving Assistants
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
Find a course near you
Use Find Training below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 17 years of age and an ASA Diving Assistant (Coaching) or equivalent.