ASA Level 2 Award in Coaching Aquatics (Pre-Fundamentals)26/11/2016
The ASA Level 2 Award in Coaching Aquatics course is intended for teachers who want to deliver sessions to Adult and Child groups (between 0 and 4 years).
It examines the principles of child development in the foundation stages, and how to plan Adult and Child sessions.
- Level: Intermediate
- Duration: 6 days (approx.)
- Training Format: Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
The ASA Level 2 Award in Coaching Aquatics course is for Level 2 Swimming Teachers who want to provide Adult and Child sessions.
The units of this qualification will enable learners to:
- Develop confidence, communication and inter personal skills
- Identify the principles of pre-fundamentals sessions
- Develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities
- Adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of adult and child sessions
- Reflect on their own previous or current levels of experience, practice and skills, and areas for development
Download a PDF of the specification for the Level 2 Award in Coaching Aquatics (Pre-Fundamentals) (QCF) here.
Find a course near you
Use the widget below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
This qualification takes a blended learning approach combining pre-course e-learning followed by 1.5 days’ face to face delivery plus post course online portfolio.
The total guided learning hours are 45. We estimate that the online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 21-30 hours to complete.
You must be at least 17 years of age to register for this qualification and must hold an ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification or equivalent. You must complete the E-learning elements of the course before attending the face to face days.