ASA Swimming Assistant (Coaching) Certificate30/11/2016
The ASA Swimming Assistant (Coaching) course is designed to provide you with an introduction to the knowledge, skills and understanding of the safe and ethical principles for effective coaching practices in swimming.
- Level: Beginner
- Duration: 4 days
- Training Format: Face to Face and Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
As an aspiring coach this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a more experienced ASA Swimming Coach in the delivery of a pre-prepared training session. On successful completion of this certificate you will understand:
- The role of the swimming assistant
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
Find a course near you
Use the widget below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 16 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.