Swim England Synchronised Swimming Assistant (Coaching) Certificate22/11/2016
The Swim England Synchronised Swimming Assistant course is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Synchronised Swimming Assistant (Coaching).
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a Synchronised Swimming coach or those interested in supporting a Synchronised Swimming coach in a club environment.
As an aspiring coach this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a more experienced Synchronised Swimming coach, in the delivery of a pre-prepared session. On successful completion of the Swim England Synchronised Swimming Assistant qualification you should be able to:
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards of behaviour with synchronised swimmers, other coaches, parents and officials in the overall development of Synchronised Swimming
- Demonstrate an ability to safely prepare, support and conclude Synchronised Swimming coaching sessions/activities using pre-planned session plans
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Basic coaching skills
- Synchronised Swimming specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- Basic introduction to Synchronised Swimming
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and adapt coaching sessions/activities for a variety of different age groups and abilities
- Identify an awareness of further personal development opportunities in this discipline, including coaching, administration and officiating
Find a course near you
Use the below to find your nearest course. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 16 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.