Swim England Water Polo Assistant (Coaching) Certificate24/11/2016
The Swim England Water Polo Assistant (Coaching) course is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Water Polo Assistant Coach.
- Level: Beginner
- Duration: 4 days
- Training Format: Face to Face and Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
The Swim England Water Polo Assistant (Coaching) course is for anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a Water Polo coach. Or those interested in supporting a Water Polo coach in a club environment.
As an aspiring coach this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a more experienced Water Polo coach, in the delivery of a pre-prepared session. On successful completion of this qualification you should be able to:
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards of behaviour with athletes, other coaches, parents and officials in the overall development of Water Polo
- Demonstrate an ability to safely prepare, support and conclude Water Polo coaching sessions/activities using pre-planned session plans
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Basic coaching skills
- Water Polo specific coaching skills
- Coach and athlete development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- Basic introduction to Water Polo
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and adapt water polo coaching sessions/activities for a variety of different age groups and abilities
- Identify an awareness of further personal development opportunities in this discipline, including coaching, administration and officiating
Find a course near you
Use the widget below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 16 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.