Swim England Water Polo Coach Certificate23/11/2016
The Swim England Water Polo Coach course is practical. It develops your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent Water Polo coach.
- Level: Intermediate
- Duration: 8-10 days
- Training Format: Face to Face, Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone wishing to become an independent Water Polo coach.
The Swim England Water Polo Coach course gives coaches the skills needed to effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of water polo training sessions.
On successful completion of this qualification you will understand:
- Legal requirements of coaching Water Polo
- The responsibilities of a Water Polo Coach
- Coaches role in promoting Water Polo
- Nutrition and hydration for athletes
- Bio-mechanical principles in Water Polo
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled athlete
- How to plan for coaching Water Polo
- How to coach Water Polo sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet athlete needs
- How to develop technique
- Motivational skills
- How to support athletes and Water Polo Assistants
- Evaluation of your own performance
- Planning for professional development
Find a course near you
Use the widget below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 18 years of age and an Swim England Water Polo Assistant (Coaching) or equivalent.