Benefits of IoS membership
Welcome to the Institute of Swimming – the preferred choice for swimming teachers and coaches.
Almost 10,000 swimming teachers and coaches are currently enjoying a range of benefits.
- Comprehensive insurance cover - including £20 million worth of civil (public) liability, personal accident and loss of income, with the added benefit of legal expenses insurance cover. The IoS are proud to be able to offer an unrivalled level of insurance cover, one of the highest provided by a sporting governing body in the whole of the UK. You will have received your insurance certificate along with your confirmation letter. For any insurance related queries please contact the IoS via the details below.
- Free legal representation and legal expenses insurance cover.
- Unlimited access to professional advice on employment issues - Whether you need professional representation in connection with a dispute with an employer, or simply some reassuring advice at the end of a phone, you can access this service as many times as you need it. If you would like to use this service then please contact the office via the details below.
- National recognition of your qualifications by employers - Members are entitled to use the following designatory letters after your name. These are the hallmark of the qualified swimming teacher or coach which will give proof of your credibility to employers and help gain advancement in your career.
- MIOS : Member of Institute of Swimming – for those who are Level 1 qualified.
- FIOS : Fellow of Institute of Swimming - Level 2 or above qualified.
- Personalised membership card – proof of your credibility to employers.
- Annual subscription to Swimming Times (RRP £26).
- Free online CPD (Continuing Professional Development) (RRP £25).
- Discounted RAPs membership - the aquatic industry’s professional register(saving of £23 against RRP).
- Discounted Learn to Swim resources.
- Discounted official kit.
How to apply:
To find out how to become an IoS member click here.
If you have any further queries, it may help to read our FAQs. Otherwise please contact the office:
IoS Membership, SportPark
3 Oakwood Drive
Leicestershire LE11 3QF
Other useful links:
Changing your details
Renew your membership