Swim school member questions answered
We all have questions from time to time and often different people have the same queries. Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding swim schools.
If you can’t find what you are looking for please contact the IoS membership team:
Tel: 01509 640 746
What is swim school membership?
Becoming a swim school member enables a swim school to access the help, support and expertise of the national governing body that it needs, building a real partnership that could help you fully develop your swim school to the best possible standard. To find out more about swim schools and membership click here.
How much does it cost to affiliate?
Membership is available to private and commercial swim schools and costs £85 a year.
What are the benefits of joining the ASA swim school scheme?
Being an ASA swim school member provides a package of valuable benefits.
- National recognition of your swim school membership through use of the ASA swim school logo
- Clear, visual demonstration that your swim school holds an up-to-date membership with the ASA
- Access to help, advice and resources from ASA regional offices and the customer services team,
including divisional swim school briefings
- Online marketing resources and free web conferencing training for your staff
- Opportunity to purchase insurance cover at a preferential rate including legal advice and representation through industry experts Perkins Slade
- Swim school listing on the ASA/British Swimming website www.swimming.org/go
- Free swim21 CD-Rom containing essential resources and guidance for the successful running and development of your school (worth £15)
- Free publications - Wavepower (ASA Child Safeguarding Policy & Procedures), ASA Learn to Swim Pathway Parent’s Guide, Awards Test Conditions (conditions for tests for ASA awards), ASA Awards & Merchandising Catalogue, Safe Supervision and Risk Assessment
- 10% discount on job vacancy advertising on www.swimming.org
- 5% discount on ASA awards and merchandise
- 5% discount on teacher and assistant teacher clothing range.
Is my swim school eligible for ASA Swim School membership?
To be eligible to join the ASA as a swim school member, your swim school must meet the following criteria:
- Provide written assurance you will comply with the ASA Code of Ethics and Child Protection procedures
- Employ teachers who are members of the IoS or have their own adequate professional insurance to cover activities within the school.
What is the difference between swim schools and clubs?
- ASA clubs must register all swimmers and pay a fee for them individually.
- ASA clubs are eligible to compete in ASA competitions.
- ASA swim schools are solely to teach individuals to swim and improve their skills.
How do I apply for ASA swim school membership?
If you believe you are eligible to for ASA swim school membership fill out the application form below.
- Click here to download the swim school membership application form.
Alternatively more information on swim schools can be found here.