National Spa Pool Operators Certificate25/11/2016
The National Spa Pool Operators Certificate is gained through a one-day course. It provides a detailed understanding of spa pool operation by examining contamination of spa pool water and treatment processes through each of the component parts of the spa.
It also explores water testing protocols, interpreting results and promoting health and safety to protect both spa users and your reputation.
All successful candidates are encouraged to progress on to the National Pool Plant Operators certificate course.
- Level: Beginner
- Duration: 1 day
- Training Format: Face to Face
- Assessment: Work based assignment
- Certification: The National Pool Plant Operators Certificate. This is awarded by IQL UK – the body for The Royal Life Saving Society – for three years
- Fee: £135.00, £108.00 with CIMSPA discount
Who is the Course designed for?
Employees of health clubs and resorts that provide any kind of spa facility.
- Objectives of pool water treatment
- Contamination of spa water
- Circulation and filtration
- Component parts of a spa
- Chemical treatment of spa water
- Testing of spa water
- Chemical dosing systems
- Health and safety
- Cleaning of spas
- Safe use and operation of spas
At the end of the course candidates complete a short work based assignment which they will have three weeks to complete and return to IoS.
You must be at least 18 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.