Swimming Fitness Pool Training Session 1September 4, 2017
Pool Training Session 1 will get you swimming 12 lengths of a 25 metre pool, or 300 metres in total.
- Lengths: 12
- Distance: 300m
- Difficulty: Mild
- Equipment Required: A Noodle
The time that this session takes will depend on the swimming stroke that you use as your first choice, as well as your swimming experiences so far.
This session introduces you to the elements of a swimming session which will be built on over the course of this training programme.
Depending on swimming experience so far, you may choose to repeat this session until you feel comfortable, or skip this session and move straight on to a later session.
Either way, get in the pool, have a go and think about how the session felt.
Pool Training Session 1
Click or tap on each part of the session to view the warm up, skill development, main set or swim down.
- Swim two lengths with a swim stroke of your choice, easy effort.
- Try to relax the body and your breathing.
- Holding the side of the pool with both hands, extend your legs behind and kick for 20 seconds.
- Repeat two more times.
- Aim to keep your hips close to the surface. If your hips sink, try putting your face in the water.
- Swim 4 x 1 length with kick of your choice with a noodle.
- Swim 4 x 1 length with swim stroke of your choice.
- Swim at steady effort. Rest between 20 and 30 seconds after each length.
- Swim two lengths with a swim stroke of your choice. Swim at easy effort.
- Lengthen your stroke to stretch out your muscles and aid recovery.
How did this session feel?
If you struggled towards the end of the session, why not try it again next time you visit the pool?