The Big Splash, presented by British Gas, is here. Inspiring the UK to get into the pool.
British Swimming has launched a new mass participation campaign designed to inspire the UK to get into the pool. Read on to learn more.
The world’s largest celebration of swimming, Big Splash, presented by British Gas, has landed. Stretching 10 months, it seeks to inspire the UK to get into the water.
Swimming pools across the country will be getting involved so look out for the logo at your local pool.
Meanwhile the BBC has thrown its support behind the initiative. Look out for the trailer below between your favourite BBC programmes.
Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere will be attempting a long-distance challenge (catch him in action here), while a number of famous faces from BBC Sport are also taking part.
Great Britain’s top swimmers are also in support, including double Olympic champion Rebecca Adlington.
Learn more now on the dedicated website www.bigsplash.co.uk.
- Find out if you are a Lesley, Frank or a Sharon.
- Get involved to win great prizes every month simply for signing up
- Learn about great activities you can do to make a big splash
- Track down your local pool with our pool finder
- Discover ways to build your confidence in the water
- Look up games for family fun
- Take part in exciting competition for primary schools, and more...
So, visit the website today, become a Big Splasher and help the BBC and British Swimming get the UK into the pool.