Applications open for Pathway Coach Development ProgrammeSeptember 11, 2017
Swim England Talent’s Pathway Coach Development Programme is a unique development learning programme aimed at those coaching ‘age group’ athletes (10 – 14 years) in the Swim England Pathway.
The programme will comprise of five workshops, peer mentoring sessions and performance programme observation visits.
Applications for the Pathway Coach Development Programme closed on Friday 6 October.
The content delivered through the workshops and mentoring sessions will be a blend of technical and soft skill delivery.
Delivery of Programme: December 2017 – February 2019
There will be five one-day workshops over a 14 month period. These will include:
- Self-awareness and reflective practice
- Coach athlete relationships and getting to know each other
- ‘World Class’ starts, turns and underwaters
- ‘World Class’ planning principles for long term gain
- Staying connected; communication and leadership styles
Coaches will be expected to attend and contribute to up to three ‘Peer Coaching Mentoring’ sessions.
There will also be opportunities to observe and participate in coaching sessions at Performance Swimming Environments across England.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for coaches who are predominantly working with 10-14 year old swimmers and whose athletes are at the upper end of the regional pathway, with some competing at British or English nationals.
Criteria for consideration
Coaches should be:
- Qualified to Level 3
- Engaged with Swim England Talent Team Regional or National Pathway Programme as a coach within the 2016 or 2017 programmes
- Open minded and having a strong appetite for learning. Willing to engage with coaching peers and contribute to coaching topics.
- Able to commit to attend all five -workshops over the 14 month duration
The Pathway Coach Development Programme will cost each coach £200 for their attendance of the five workshops. They will need to pay for their own travel and subsistence for each workshop and mentoring session.
Up to 20 coaches from across England will be selected for the Programme.
Applications will be reviewed against the above criteria, as well as with insight gather by England Talent Team Officers and the Coach Development Manager.
If you would like an informal chat regarding the programme or any other coach development opportunity, please contact England Talent Coach Development Manager email@example.com