Behind the scenes with the Swim England Awards Operations Team18 January 2018
Last year was a busy year for our Awards Operations department who picked, packed and dispatched almost 40,000 orders.
The department also underwent some major changes and improvements to help make the process of ordering and delivering all the organisations merchandise a better experience for our members.
Every month over 3,000 orders are processed, with the busiest period being the summer.
Orders are taken by the customer services team and range from Learn to Swim Programme materials for teachers and resources for schools, to course materials for coaches.
In addition, the Distribution Centre team supports the Swim England National Events team with all their stock for competitions, items for programmes including Swim Safe and kit for our elite athletes.
Awards Operations Manager Vikki Newbon said: “Every year the number of orders increases, which means the team have to work effectively to manage a quick turnaround between someone placing an order and it being distributed.
“It also means our Distribution Centre has become more than just a store room – I think people would be surprised by the huge variety of items we keep there!
“Last year was a hugely busy time for us with the launch of the re-branded Swim England stock. But it allowed us to also make some changes and the efficiencies have begun to take effect, which means we are offering a higher level of service to our customers, which is really important to us”
Take a tour of our Awards Operations HQ
Click or tap play on the video below to watch Vikki’s quick tour of Awards Operations HQ.
The award-winning Awards Operations Team is made up of:
- Vikki Newbon – Awards Operations Manage
- Joe Dorman – Warehouse Operative
- Kurtis Newbon – Warehouse Operative (Maternity Cover)
- Lisa Whiteman – Warehouse Operative
- Liz Forbes – Senior Warehouse Operative
- Mike Bobe – Stock Control Lead
- Rhianne Mitchell – Customer Service Advisor
- Sally Fowlkes – Warehouse Operative (On Maternity Leave)
- Sean Redhead – Warehouse Operative
- Tom Frost – Senior Customer Service Advisor
- Will Casson – Customer Service Advisor
To contact the customer service team email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the shop click here