Data protection guidance for clubs16 March 2017
All clubs face data protection questions. Swim England has a range of data protection guidance for clubs to help.
As a club you need to understand how the Data Protection Act affects you. It is the law and non-compliance can lead to complaints being made to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
The eight principles of the Data Protection Act are:
- Fair and lawful processing of personal data
- Processed for specified, lawful and compatible purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of the individual
- Processed with appropriate security.
- Not transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
To help clubs ensure they can work to these principles and don’t fall foul of the Act, we have a guidance booklet. You can download it below.
Data Protection Guidance
For full guidance for clubs and county associations, download the Swim England booklet on data protection here.