Guidance for hosting competitive events24 March 2017
A key aspect of running a pool is ensuring a safe environment when hosting competitive events for Swim England clubs.
The set-up of competitive events is generally the responsibility of the pool operator. There may be limited input from the promoter or organiser, but responsibility belongs with the operator.
To aid pool operators run events, Swim England’s facilities team has developed a range of guidance covering lane management to risk assessments.
You can access these below. If you have any questions about any of the guidance then email the facilities team at email@example.com, or call them on 01509 640 258.
Our facilities team has guidance on undertaking risk assessments for competitive diving and swimming events. They include a risk assessment checklist for you to work through.
- Swimming competitions risk assessment guidance and checklist. Download here.
- Lane management in competitions. Download here.
- Diving competitions risk assessment guidance and checklist. Download here.
General Safety Guidance
Our facilities team has developed a range of general guidance to help pools. Subjects covered include minimum water depths and supervision of young club swimmers.
- Performance of tumble turns guidance. Download here.
- Guidance on dealing with concussion in swimming. Download here.