About the Swim England Synchronised Swimming HubDecember 6, 2016 About Synchro
The Swim England Synchronised Swimming Hub is a general resource for anyone thinking of getting into synchronised swimming in England, as well as the current synchro community.
If you are proud to know your barracuda from your ariana, or are a parent/carer of a child who can hold their breath underwater for a minute and doesn’t blink twice at being asked to do the splits between two chairs, then this site is for you.
What you can find on the Synchronised Swimming Hub?
It is one of Swim England‘s Sport Hubs, designed to celebrate the aquatic sports through a central website. Other Hubs include: competitive swimming, water polo, diving, and Masters swimming (competitive swimming for the over 18s).
Key sections on the site include:
- Get Started – this section is especially for people starting out. All the information you need to get into synchronised swimming
- Compete – This is for the the competitive swimmers. Information on synchro competitions, accessing results and more.
- Develop – This is a focus on the opportunities to develop as a synchronised swimmer and introduces Beacon Programmes and Swim England Synchro Talent.
- About – An introduction to the sport in the Olympics as well as a profiles of some of the top athletes in the country.
Seven things you can learn about on the Synchronised Swimming Hub are:
- Becoming a synchronised swimmer and finding your nearest club
- Introduction to English synchronised swimming competitions
- Accessing competitive synchro results
- A background on different elements of the sport
- Why synchro is so great for your health
- Synchronised swimming at the Olympics
- Developing as a synchro swimmer
We are always looking for feedback. So, if you have something to say about the Synchronised Swimming Hub then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.