The ASA has released a list of upcoming 2016 aquatics event volunteering opportunities at their exciting national swimming, open water, diving, synchronised swimming and water polo competitions.
Whether you are a regular volunteer or are considering helping out for the first time, there are plenty of roles available across the 10 events take place before the end of the year.
There are competitions taking place in Sheffield, Manchester, Rugby and Gloucester over the coming months, including the ASA’s two showpiece swimming events, the ASA National Summer Championships in August and the ASA National Winter Meet in December.
The ASA rely heavily on a team of hard-working, dedicated volunteers to make their national events happen and this year is no different.
Check out the upcoming ASA national events which you can volunteer at:
2016 Aquatics Event Volunteering Opportunities
- ASA National Age Group Diving Championships | 7 – 10 July | Sheffield
- ASA National Open Water Festival | 23 – 24 July | Sheffield
- ASA National Summer Championships (50m) | 1 – 5 August | Sheffield
- School Games | 3 September | Sheffield
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships (U15)| 15 – 16 October | Manchester
- ASA National County Team Championships | 23 October | Sheffield
- ASA National Masters & Senior Age Group Championships | 28 – 30 October | Sheffield
- ASA National Synchronised Swimming Masters Championships | 5 November | Rugby
- ASA National Age Group Synchronised Swimming Championships | 2 – 4 December | Gloucester
- ASA National Winter Meet | 15 – 18 December | Sheffield
“The ASA National Events team would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all of the volunteers who support us to make our events happen,” said ASA head of events Ekaterina Boyd.
“Your enthusiasm, dedication and passion for making a difference really does have a huge impact.
“The National events for 2016 are really gaining momentum, with 10 events between now and the end of the year.
“Our exciting events programme takes place across the country and you could be part of our swimming, diving, water polo, synchronised swimming and open water national championships.
“We are always looking for new volunteers to join our volunteer team.”
Roles can include volunteering as a competition steward or field of play team member located alongside the action on poolside, or event team support where you would be in a high-paced environment with the events team on ticket and programme sales, accreditation and results distribution.
Perhaps you fancy sports presentation where you are part of the team coordinating the announcers, activity on poolside, or medal presentations. Or maybe you want to try your hand at announcing yourself?
It doesn’t matter whether you have loads of experience or none at all. We will help you to find a role that suits you.
Sounds great! How do I sign up?
If you would like to know more about any of these events, or to express your interest please complete the volunteer expression of interest form.
If you would like to express your interest for any particular events, please include details of these within the form.
There are also lots of different opportunities to get involved at regional or county events. When completing the expression of interest form, just let us know you would like to volunteer as near as possible to where you live.