The Child Protection in Sport Unit’s (CPSU) Safeguarding Star Awards are now open, offering the perfect opportunity to highlight and say thank you to our incredible aquatic Welfare Officers.
Do you know someone who has gone the extra mile to safeguard children in sport?
Why not take the opportunity especially as we are currently celebrating Volunteers’ Week, to recognise that individual who, no matter what, always goes above and beyond?
All nominations will be judged by a panel of young people from across different sports, and they will select six stand-out individuals as their Safeguarding Stars for 2016.
These six individuals will be recognised at the CPSU national safeguarding event ‘Safeguarding in sport: Taking our lead from young people’ at Wembley on 5 October.
Even if not one of the final six, all individuals who are nominated will receive recognition from the CPSU.
To download a nomination form and read more about previous Safeguarding Stars, visit the CPSU website for more information.
All completed nominations should be returned directly to the CPSU at CPSU@nspcc.org.uk along with any queries.
Top tips for writing your Safeguarding Star Awards nomination
- Be clear and concise whilst providing enough detail – just make sure the information you include is relevant
- Remember that the judging panel are relying on your words and examples to see what makes your nominee so great – they won’t know the person
- Provide examples – what does this individual do and how do they do it? How do they go the extra mile and what is the outcome of their hard work?
- Include information which details how they go above and beyond and therefore why they deserve recognition for what they do
- Create a unique picture of your nominee – what sets them apart from everyone else
Make every sentence count, and good luck!