Combined SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning – Overseas – British International School Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher, giving you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Due to the intense nature of combined courses, those looking to enrol should ensure they are prepared by:
- Gaining experience of supporting swimming lessons or working within an aquatics environment
- Ensuring you have technical knowledge of swimming
- Having an understanding of Stages 1-7 of the Swim England Learn to Swim framework
- Having an understanding of the key legal areas swimming teachers must adhere to
- Having a basic understanding of lesson planning
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in a minimum of six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience. Your Level 1 online learning will approximately take 6-8 hours to complete and your Level 2 online learning will approximately take 12-14 hours to complete.
You will need to achieve 100% on both Level 1 & Level 2 online learning in order to attend your face to face sessions.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming assistant and a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
British International School Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
British International School Riyadh - Diplomatic Quarter