Combined SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Face to Face – Hudson Leisure Centre
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher, giving you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Due to the intense nature of combined courses, those looking to enrol on such a course should ensure they are prepared by:
- Gaining experience of supporting swimming lessons or working within an aquatics environment
- Ensuring you have technical knowledge of swimming
- Having an understanding of Stages 1-7 of the Swim England Learn to Swim framework
- Having an understanding of the key legal areas swimming teachers must adhere to
- Having a basic understanding of lesson planning
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming assistant and a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Please be aware, throughout the duration of the course you will allocated homework by your Tutor that must ‘Meet the Standard’ before the end of the course. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Hudson Leisure Centre